Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Final LA post/pictures

Okay so I know I said back to the real world but I just had to find out the names of some of those people I saw. So I googled the event and found wireimages.com with the professional pictures. So I figured I steal some pics from there and the names to show you who I saw. And of course there are my pictures of Rodeo Drive and some nice sunrise and sunset from my hotel room. This is the real invitation. To bad there was no ticket in it :(. Here are two of my colleagues we were watching in the Lobby to see who was coming when a certain Saturday Night Fever star headed right to where we stood. Yep you guessed it. Doesn't he look fabulous now imagine him standing 3 feet away from you.We saw the croc man in the lobby too but not Bindi.

We waited a little longer upstairs but didn't see anyone else. So we headed down the escalator (just like the stars) and went to check on our dinner. It was right there where everyone came the escalator. Dinner didn't seem half as appealing as seeing some more stars so I went out in the hall way and waited to see who came down. I remember seeing a woman (Naomi Watts) in this dress but I would never have known who she was. I did see him and knew he was somebody but had no idea who. He (Liev Schreiber) is one of the reasons I went to look up the photos. I saw these guys (The Wiggles) coming of the escalator and again had no Idea who they were until I saw the caption on Wireimage. He (Dominick Purcell) is the guy from Prison Break. I saw him going down and then he was back up on our level and I could have totally taken his picture but I was to busy trying to remember why he looked familiar. (bad paparazi!)Wonder if he yelled at them to or if this was reserved for moi.
Well there were lots more and if you want to see them all - the press pics anyway go here. Somewho I did not recognize a single female mhhh wonder if that means anything???????

So here are some nice sunrise pictures from my hotel room.


Check it out ROdeo Drive. It looks beautiful and the stores look very chic. I doubt I'll ever go shopping here for real so.


I thought this was totally cool. This is the Prada store and they have a display in the ground it kind of made me dizzy but still cool.


I went to the mall near my hotel in Beverly Hills and couldn't pass up this shot. I am kind of upset that all my other photos with my cell didn't turn out - I mean my John Travolta one didn't but this does? I am almost convinced that they did something to the lights in the hotel since none of my pictures turned out not the cell phone ones or the one with my actuall camera!!!!!!!


10 comments:

Steven said...

Did Travolta smell like cheese? ;)

Steve~

Library Mama said...

Katy - I have to admit that I'm a little jealous. What an experience! I probably wouldn't have recognised a lot of the people either. I would probably have recognised the Wiggles, though, as they were one of my #3's favourites a couple of years ago. Still, I may have had a bit of trouble, as they're not dressed in their usual primary coloured Wiggly clothes. ;-)

jin said...

GREAT photos Katy!
I especially like that floor display & the sunsets!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your trip, looks like fun. I am at the stage where I spend my vacations going to places I have to go rather then where I'd like to go. I am sorry you had to see The Wiggles.

Dino said...

Steven - couldn't tell you. I was not THAT close

Mama - yeah it was amazing. I am not sure I would have recognized them in coloured Wiggly clothes I have never seen their show

Jin - I figured you'd like the floor display

Phos - ohhh I thought when you retire you get to go where you want. Besides most hotels take dogs now so you can't use the huskies as excuse :)!

Angel said...

I'm totally jealous! i used to just Love John Travolta, but he's one of those wierd scientologists now.....still, looks like you had a lot of fun!

Dino said...

Beth - yeah the scientology thing is creepy but hey he was still good I candy

Nicole said...

Doesn't smog make for beautiful sunsets?

The Phosgene Kid said...

It wasn't a "go fishing" retirement, unfortunately. Still have to work and probably will to the day they nail the lid on the box. The main thing I miss about Germany is the people are really dog friendly - we could even take our dog on the bus. America, despite the lip service, not so much. Besides our trips are now pre-ordained. A niece’s wedding, visit the new grandchild (I am down with that, don’t get me wrong), or one thing or another. I would just like to go back up to Yellowstone and spend a week. Probably won’t happen. Fortunately I can live vicariously through you and your star studded photos!! I am glad you had a great time and thanks again for sharing your trip with us!

Dino said...

Nicole - yes it does. Sad but true

Phos - I get what you mean. Yeah the dog friendly thing is not here at all. At home you can take your dog on the bus, tram, subway, train and into restaurants and business totally not like here.