Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tagged - best food in the world

Alrighty so Jin insists I do this tag or she will no longer take sweetbox orders from me. Since I am addicted to her goodies I have no choice but to oblige. This tag was started by Nicole Tan. Once you do it be sure to email her so she can add you to the final list

So, here's the rules:
1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you.
Include the city/state and country you’re in.


Nicole
(Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Lulu (Chicago, Illinois, United States)
Chris (Boyne City, Michigan, United States)
AB (Cave Creek, Arizona, United States)
Johnny Yen (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
Bubs (Mt Prospect, Illinois, USA)
jintrinsique (Manitowoc, Wisconsin, USA)
Dino aka Katy (Newport News, Virginia, USA)


2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.

#1: Its Al Fresco Italian Restaurant and not only because I work there. Their food is amazing and there are lots of dished for me to eat that are not in a marinara or alfredo sauce. They make everything to order so dishes can be adapted to whatever your heart desires.

#2: The Monastery is a czech restaurant that is to die for. The food is a little pricey but well worth it. They make everything from scratch just the way you'd get it in the old world.

#3: Nawab Indian Restaurant. OMG their lunch buffet is simply divine. I don't like going for dinner because I get to only eat one thing.

#4: Das Waldcafe. This is the German Restaurant I used to work in and their food is really good. Its the Bavarian/southern German cuisine but still really really good.

#5: Thai Erwan - while I don't get to eat there as often as I'd like to (mainly because Grumpy is not big on Thai food) they still offer amazing veggie dishes. I just saw there is a Thai place opening near my office and I am planning on testing them throughly for lunch every day well maybe every other day.

3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.
________________________________



Okay so if I have to do this so do you: Nicole, Angel, Gareth, Jonathan (do it on your current location) and Real.


*Updated link on those who have done the meme.* courtesy of Velverse
Yeay… great place to dine around the world is just a click away. Here are the updated links of people who have done the meme. :)

Australia
Bubba Stuff (Melbourne)
WokandSpoon (Melbourne)
SiwwyPig (Perth)
Little Miss May (Sydney)
Nicole (Sydney)

Canada
Barbara (Calgary, Alberta) *added recently*
Chrissy
(Manitoulin Island, Ontario)
Bluepaintred (Saskatchewan)
Canadian Pie (Toronto)
Lotus (Toronto)
Tanya Espanya (Toronto)

Egypt
Pinksterz (Egypt)

England
Olivia (London)
Vol Abroad (London) *added recently*
Wennnn(London)
Melinda June (Milton Keynes)

France
WokandSpoon (Paris)

Greece
Karma Canyon (Athens)
Melusina (Thessaloniki)

Hong Kong
CuriosityKiller (Hong Kong, SAR)

Indonesia
Selba (Jakarta)

Italy
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano)

Japan
Pandabonium (Kashima City, Ibaraki)
The Moody Minstrel (Namegata, Ibaraki Prefecture)
tanabata (Saitama)

Malaysia
Chen (Penang)
Kenny Ng (Penang)
Alicialphh (Petaling Jaya, Selangor)
Bkworm (Petaling Jaya,Selangor)

Philippines
Kimmie (Metro Manila)

Singapore
eastcoastlife (East Coast)
Leonard (unknown)

South Africa
Angel (Gauteng)

South Korea
Bybee (Gumi, South Korea)

Sweden
Kikare (Scania)

Thailand
Jane (Bangkok)
Cherry & SiamJai (Chiang Mai)

United Arab Emirates
Petty-change (Dubai)

United States of America
Anonymous Blogger (Cave Creek, Arizona)
J
(California)
Laluna (California)
teczcape - an escape to food (California)
Avitable (Florida) *added recently*
Splotchy (Brookfield, Illinois) *added recently*
Johnny Yen (Chicago, Illinois)

Land-o-Lulu (Chicago, Illinois)
Natalie (Chicago, Illinois) *added recently*
Bubs (Mt Prospect, Illinois) *added recently*
Deadspot
(Urbana, Illinois) *added recently*
Daphne (Annapolis, Maryland) *added recently*
Gorillaboy
(Annapolis, Maryland) *added recently*
Some Guy’s Blog
(Boyne City, Michigan)
wreckless
(Grand Rapids, Michigan)
Dmarks (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
Shelli (Minnesota)
bookfool (Mississippi)
Blogarita (Missouri) *added recently*
Heather (Greensboro, North Carolina)
Squirrel (Oklahoma) *added recently*
Doggy Mama (Rhode Island)
Estella’s Revenge (Dallas, Texas)
insidious truth (Dallas, Texas)
Iliana (Dallas, Texas) *added recently*
Simple American (Sugar Land, Texas)
ML (Utah)
Amy of Nook and Pantry (Seattle, Washington)
Dino aka Katy (Newport News, Virginia)
*added recently*
Alasdair (Walla Walla, Washington)
jintrinsique (Manitowoc, Wisconsin) *added recently*

ACE (Hillsborough, New Jersey) *added recently*


From all over
Killer rants

21 comments:

AngelConradie said...

heh heh, i'd hate for you to go without jin's yummy goodies- so challenge accepted!

Joe said...

Man, those choices all sound wonderful! I love good German food--my favorite German restaurant in Chicago, the Berghoff, closed this past year. Next time I'm in Cedar Rapids I'll have to look for a good Czech restaurant--one of my inlaws married into a Czech family and there are a lot of them in CR.

Unknown said...

I am going to work on this, but I probably won't get it posted until friday.

And I might break some of the rules.

Dino said...

Angel - thank you its really hard to go without once you've tasted them

Bubs - oh I have to remember that if I ever go there

Real - cool I am curious to see what you "break".

Unknown said...

You should also check out my blog again. I updated my last post. I think you will like it.

AngelConradie said...

tag done and dusted! and (sharp smack on the wrist duly administered) i just noticed you're not in my link list! forgive me katy katy katy- i dunno how you got by me! i'll sort it out as soon as blogger lets me in, my connection is a little hinky tonight...ooh- and we have similar taste in fiction! anne rice is one of my favourite authors and i have almost all the "vampire chronicles" stories in paperback!

Unknown said...

Woot!! Found you again, lol. I'll do this soon :)

The Phosgene Kid said...

I like the hole in the wall taco joints. The ones with all the empty dog food cans piled out back.

Nicole said...

mmm yummy german and czech food..I also want!!!

ps thanks for doing the tag!! if you know of anyone doing the tag please message me and I'll put you guys on my updated list

jin said...

OOoohhh...they sound delicious Katy!!!

When I visit we'll have to check them all out!
:-D

Anonymous said...

Woo... I have never tried any czech food before... so I take your word for the to die for.. since I think I am interested to try it. :)

Thanks for doing the tag. It's really really great :D

Dino said...

Real - yeahhh thanks for nominating me

Angel - thanks for doing it - and you are forgiven for not adding me to the list

Gareth - hold it found me again?? you lost me???

Phos - hole in the wall places can be good just don't like mexican or tex mex foods

Nicole T. - your welcome I have to hop over and check you out

Jin - yeah lets hope its soon

Velverse - yeah try it its awesome. I'll be over to check out your site in a second

Library Mama said...

Every time you mention that Indian restaurant, my saliva glands wake up and start doing the jitterbug.

Interesting meme.

Not a wise one to read while you're waiting for your lunch hour to arrive, though. Might make the waiting more difficult. ;-)

Dino said...

LM - I know I didn't tag you but you should do it. let me know if you do

Anonymous said...

Hehe.. no worries... I dun mind the list. It's great to share out such great lists with everyone :D Now everyone can dine. and all they have to do is just click and see.

That is the whole idea of this meme :D

Nicole said...

Oh boy, this is a pretty nifty meme, I must say. And, if I ever get to go anywhere, now I have a place to consult before picking my dining option. I fear that my town will be a bit boring, but I promise to post on this by the end of the week.

Dino said...

Velverse - yeah its like our own world wide restaurant guide

Nicole - goody I am sure there are some good places in your town - some of the best foods I had were in hole in the wall places

jin said...

COOL! You added all the linkage!
I'm going to put a link in my sidebar when I get a chance, I think this is the neatest tag ever!

Got any oblivion left?
Did you share w/ grumpy?

eastcoastlife said...

Hi Dino!
Cool! This is one great world wide restaurant guide. Thanks.

Dino said...

Jin - yeah its our own little guide. And yes I gave grumpy the first piece (then I took it to work with me to hide it which is why there is still a little left!)

Eastcoastlife - welcome, leave a link so I can come visit you

Unknown said...

I finished the meme and it will be posted at 7:55 am on Friday (eastern time).

So be sure to check it out on friday.