Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Visitors

After I got up from my nap this afternoon I got a message from my two Marines that they wanted to come over. So we decided that they should come by the restaurant for dinner and then head home with me. We were only 4 waiters tonight vs our usual 6 so I did not get out until almost 11 pm and the cooks left without making anything for us :(. Luckily there was some Bruschetta left so I snacked on that with some yummy garlic bread before heading home.)

Maureen couldn't wait to meet the puppies and kitties. They are heading to Busch Gardens tomorrow so I may go up with them to play before I go to work if I am up to it. Otherwise they'll stop by the kiddie land store that I am going to be at to say hi for sure. Austin is leaving on Monday to go to his new duty station in San Diego. Thankfully he got his stationed changed there from 29 Palms. 29 Palms has had a lot of causalties overseas and I was really worried for a while there. Maureen will join him in S.D. in November. They will be there for the rest of their enlistment so I am glad they'll be save there as their new base is the boot camp.
Anyhow I better go finish homework.

12 comments:

jin said...

No dinner? Bummer!
Sounds like you'll have a nice day tomorrow (I hope?).

Hey, you got 2 fist comments on my blogs tonight!!! :-D

Dino said...

Jin - I have been on the ball this week I got a few firsts not just with you :)

jin said...

Nice pics!
Those weren't there last night when I commented.
I LOVE that blue colour on your walls! COOL!
:-D

Dino said...

Jin - yeah I had finally uploaded them last night. The walls in the living room are turkoise, the kitchen is lilac, dining room is lavender, the downstairs bedroom is aqua, the upstairs bedrooms are peach and baby blue. Grumpy says people need sunglasses when they come into the house but I like it.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Looks like the pups enjoyed the visit!

Come on over, I'll cook something for you, I can do Italian if you like...

Dino said...

Phos I do Like italian what else can you cook. Of course I'd have to bring the pups do you think the huskies would like some new playbuddies?

Cherry! said...

So are they both marines?

Dino said...

Cherry - yes they both are marines. Maureen actually became a Marine at 17 before she graduated highschool. She was the first one to show up at her highschool gradutation wearing Marine dress blues

Cherry! said...

ha! v. v. cool!

The Phosgene Kid said...

I used to be pretty much fixed on oriental, but have been into Greek, Italian, and German. A lot of times I just wing it, as I did tonight with citrus pork chops cooked in a pouch. Not too shabby, but since I don’t measure stuff out it is tough to give out the recipe.

jin said...

Hey katy...just zooming by to say HI! :-D

Dino said...

Cherry - yes it is. They are both great kids.

Phos - I love German and cook that all the time - Grumpy likes it too, I like most oriental and do like greek. I don't care much for meat but love veggies.

Jin - I know you meant to say - why haven't you posted again! I will tonight no matter what the day is like.