Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Flying fish

So after my meeting was over today I decided to do some sightseeing. I had heard about this fish market where they throw the fish around. They had been featured in motivational videos and on TV not to long ago. The market reminded me of the french market in New Orleans. So many tourists so many little vendors. I bought some cute shirts for the twins first birthday and matching hats. I also bought me some yummy cherries to snack on while on the plain tomorrow.

So you can't really tell by this pictured but the fish were huge. I'd say over 3 feet (but then I can't really guess length of things). I tried really hard to get a picture of one of them flying but my the cam in my cell is not equipped for these type of pictures.Okay this lady below was being very brave. I have no Idea if this was a dare (quite frankly you couldn't pay me to do it) but she had the guys from the fish market put a cup on her head and then knock it off with one of those fishy thingies from above. And they did without touching her head. I looked pretty amazing.
I stood there for a while watching these guys throw fish, crabs and whatever else. They seemed to have a good time doing it and they were definately the attraction of the market. I did take some video with my cell but can't figure out how to download that so I can post it here or on myspace. (If someone knows how please let me know its a Razr phone) (8/21/06 update I found out how to upload it to you tube so here they are)


After the leaving there I stopped in the Seattle's finest coffee shop for some pick me up before returning to the hotel. I have to say my room is very nice and spacious. I haven't been impressed with the food at the meeting and I am looking forward to be on my own for dinner tomorrow. There is a indian restaurant not far from the space needle so I figured I can eat there after my $14 elevator ride.

7 comments:

jin said...

Sounds like great fun katy!!!
LOL @ the flying fish!!!
Post pics of what you eat for dinner tomorrow!!!
:-D

Cherry! said...

Hahahaha! I love that you hate seafood but you went and walked around a stinking fish market!! Too funny!!

What's the $14 elevator ride??

Dino said...

Jin - i will try to get dinner pics especially if I do the indian restaurant.

Cherry - Oh trust me I made sure not to stand to close where I could smell the stuff. I was told it costs $14 to go up on the space needle.

The Phosgene Kid said...

My wife subscribes to the "Fish Philosophy"; making work more fun. The concept was born at the very market you visited. It works for teaching as well as in the fish industry.

Dino said...

PK that was why I wanted to go there to see the fish market as I had seen the video about making work fun. This will be the only fish market that I will ever visit.

Melinda June said...

When I lived in Seattle I used to go to the Pike Place Market every weekend for cheap flowers and lots of fresh veg. I always made time for the fish guys, even though my favourite fishmonger is actually further into the market.

Glad you had fun in Seattle!

Dino said...

yeah they had a lot of great flowers and good looking veggies and fruits. I bought some cherries as i love those.