Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Visiting on base


Visiting on base
Originally uploaded by
dino0477.

I know I know the picture has been up for a while and I have not had a chance to do the post.

I went to the Little Creek school of Music last week to see my friends Maureen and Austin (pic above). When I was in Chicago earlier this month I had crashed at Maureens dads (my former host family). I had take some stuff with me from there to drop off on base. Since I am a civilian I have to wait for Maureen to meet me at the gate to get in. We had to head back to her quarters as they had to line up for cleaning duties. I was just going to head back home (I had given her her things) but they both pleaded for me to stay as they wanted to hang out. How could I resist. It is a great feeling to have them want to sepnd time with me. So I read my book while I waited - yes I always have a book in my purse. After they got done we stopped at the commisary (grocery store) to get some German stuff I have a hard time finding off base and then we had dinner at McDonalds. Maureen was still in the first Phase and was not allowed to leave the base so our choices for a restauarnt were severely limited. They were both pretty beat so I dropped them off near their rooms (Maureen is also not allowed to ride in a car while in phase 1) and headed home. I can't wait for her to be allowed off base so we can go and do stuff. Its so funny how life works - I was her au pair 9 years ago, who would have thought fate would drop her off in my back yard.

7 comments:

Cherry! said...

Who are these peeps?

Dino said...

the young lady is the oldest of the kids whos Au pair I was and the guy is her boyfriend (fiance as of 8/5/06) I will do the post about it yesterday.

Dino said...

yeah that is very forward. So how did you come across cherry, jins and my blog? Wow you must have had some extra time to read them all.

Dino said...

cool. I use it for stress relieve. I work a lot and with that run into a lot of idiots. Here I can bitch about it, and this way my hubby doesn't have to hear me complain all day :)

Dino said...

he is openminded depending on the subject. If you read some of the posts it will tell you a little more about the things he is and he isn't

Dino said...

Pleasure - I am flattered but I am a one guy kinda girl. I wouldn't dream to "hook up" with anyone besides my hubby.

I am sure you'll find a playmate somewhere else.

Anonymous said...

you guys/gals are silly. keep it up.