Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Just lucky?

So today was kind of a weird day. I ran out during lunch to get my check deposited when I got caught in traffic. I noticed the rescue truck at the intersection about 20 yards away so I decided to cut through the strip mall and go around it. Bad move I ended up having to wait 20 min while one of the 3 cars that crashed were involved in the accident and that in no air condition while it was 90 some degrees out there. After getting back in the office I was still trying to not drown in my paperwork when I got ready to leave. By the time I got in the restaurant I was exhausted and really not in the mood. So it suited me well when one of other waitresses pointed out we really didn't need 4 waiters. I got some bread and bruschetta for lunch tomorrow and marched on. I went up to the bar to see Grumpy and to get some of their french fries with cucumber sauce and a fudge sunday for dessert. Well since nothing else went right today neither did dinner. The french fries where soggy and the fudge on the sunday wasn't fudge at all but hersey chocolate sauce. I was so disappointed. And wouldn't you know it on the way home I ran across another accident. Again I got stuck but this time when I cut through a shopping center on the right there was no towtruck yet. I missed both accidents by less than 5 min wonder if that was a sign or just lucky.

8 comments:

jin said...

Oh, boy I'm SLOW today! I was here & commented again on the bunnies & totally missed the new post!??! I'm glad you commented on unplugged! LOL....weird day is right! Good luck that you missed the accidents...bad about the long waits & bad food. Glad you didn't have to waitress tonight, try to take it easy! :-)

Dino said...

i did take it easy, did homework, watched TV and took a nice looooonnnng shower.

The Phosgene Kid said...

You were lucky - you weren't in the accident. I would take limp "freedom fries" over the bent car every time. Even with yucky cucmuber sauce on them.

Dino said...

Phos - I agree I rather have yucky fries than an accident so in deed I was lucky.

Cherry! said...

I have never eaten cucumber sauce. WTF is it?

Dino said...

its greek in germany we call it Tzaziki and its on the Gyros. Its make of sour cream, galic and cucumbers its yummy

Cherry! said...

Hey funny about that because Allie and I went for a drink last night and they served that stuff!!

Dino said...

Cherry I am tellign you try it with french fries its awsome or fresh turkish bread