Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Monday, August 07, 2006

AP drama

Okay I am working on this hopefully I will have it posted by tonight here is another pic of my babies.



Okay so this post has been long overdue. I tried it a couple of times but I could not seem the get the writing to appear when I checked the blog.
Anyhow. One of my AP initiated her transition because she did not like the way the HF #1 was treating her and how the H. mom was treating the children. The AP told me she worked almost twice the amount of hours than what she was supposed to. She also said the H. mom #1 was totally ignoring the disabled child. So I set up the meeting were everyone had to put there issues on the table. Well it became pretty apparent that there was no way to fix the situation. The AP had now two weeks to find a new family and we would try to find a new AP for that family whilst the AP was still staying there to help out.
I thought I had a nice family for her. One of my families was looking for one as their second AP did not work out and the one that was supposed to go to them decided despite the fact that she was told repeatedly not to work - to waitress and bought herself a plane ticket home. Anyhow this AP seemed great and she had a great talk with the H. mom #2 and everything seemed peachy until she mentions who her friends are.
Luckily I did not have to look long to find another match for the AP and she is now going to a family in Northern Virginia. (The HF #2 finally found a good match this week)
So while I am in line to go up to the Space Needle in Seattle my phone rings and the AP said "She kicked me out". Apparently she and H. mom #1 got into it that afternoon. So after some back and forth to see if she needed a place to stay she said she was fine for the night. I had taken the red eye from Seattle and got back around 10 am Saturday. Grumpy picked me up. All I wanted was a nap but never did get one. I got a call from the AP saying she wasn't given enough time to pack so she'd have to go back that day. I told her to call the family first - or have me call them to be sure when its a good time. She opted for me to call and so I ended up spending an hour trying to find them. No luck I left messages everywhere. I called the AP to let her know to come by my house vs. theirs. When she came all she had was her purse and an empty bag. The wasn't given a chance to grab anything.
After 3 hours the H. father called saying its okay to come now. So we went over there to get her packed and get her stuff off the computer. It seemed to take forever. She had taken over 400 pics that we couldn't take so I uploaded them to Kodak. After leaving the their house we stopped at Best Buy for the Geek squad to take a look at my computer and find out what the problem was with my wireless modem. Then it was off to the grocery store as my fridge was not equipped for guests. We finally got home 6:30pm when best buy called saying my computer was ready. So back out I went. I had the memory upgraded as well (it was only 1 hundert some RAM) so the bill came to 360 some dollar. They did not know why the cardbus reader wasn't working and were not allowed to fix it. So no luck for wireless - he said to get an internal one from dell or a USB one. When I finally got out of there is was almost 8. Some of the other APs were having dinner near by with friends from Germany and had invited me to stop by so I went and had a quick hurricane. It was nearly 9pm when I got back to the house. Still no nap and no homework. I fixed a quick dinner and gave out to the tiredness knowing I had to work Sunday.
I ended up going in an hour late as I was showing the AP how to do laundry and stuff around the house and how to handle the dogs. Did I mention she is terrified of dogs? Getting home at 9 Grumpy had gone to get some Chinese for all of us. She was out when I called her for her order. i thought it was kinda rude that she didn't show up until 4 hours later!!!!!
Monday night I had to do homework, my essay was due the night before so I was already late. Yet my phone did not stop ringing and more AP drama to come. I spent an hour on the phone with one of the H. moms in my group is having problems with the AP. I swear there is something in the water.
So enough bitching I do love my job hell I get $22/mo/fam so I better like it right?



15 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

Life goes better with dogs.

Cherry! said...

I always get there before the actual writing is up!! hahaha!

Dino said...

PK - and cats I would trade my kitties in for all the dogs in the world but yeah the pups are great

Cherry - believe it or not there some writing but I can't get it to show so I have to figure that out befor I write down the whole saga for nothing.

jin said...

Hey...I'm just zooming through! Cute pics, will try to come back tonight to check out the story!

Dino said...

hey Jin - your back so D. must have ficed the computer

jin said...

MMm...MOST things fixed...still need to reinstall a few things that aren't working (like colour printer!) but, I can blog, so...YAY! :-) LOL.

All your trouble is probably not just the water...FULL MOON today!!!

HOWWWWLLLLLLLLLllllllll!!!
Haha! :-D

(D wanted me to fix it myself! Says it's good for me to do these things...:-P I asked him a few times & he said he couldn't help me. I thought if I can't do it myself I'll call a pro tomorrow. After 6+ hours (!) I was in tears because it just wasn't working...I'd get rid of the trojan & he'd put himself back in the same spot! D passed by & I'd be damned if I asked for help again, but he just came in & fixed it...didn't even take him 30 minutes. In all honesty he offered to fix the printer today, but I was worried I'd lose my other printer (laser) which I really need on a daily basis so I told him to wait until the weekend.)

Dino said...

Jin - I'd say yes but most of this happend prior to the full moon so I guess maybe a combo of both.

I can not believe D. would let you work on this for 6h knowing he could do it in 30 min ARGGGG.

PK i just reread my comment about the kitties the should read I would NOT trade in my kitties.

Coaster Punchman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Die Muräne said...

Da hast Du ja einen turbulenten Job geangelt! Aber wenn man die Nerven behält, ist so ein bisschen Drama das Salz in der Suppe ;)

Dino said...

CP - I was a au pair myself and even with all the horror stories I have to tell it was still a great year and I am still in touch with my family (see previous posts) I like the job and these dramas seem to come in waves. I never have done it for the money or wouldn't I do it because I believe in the program and want the families and au pairs to have a good time.

DM - danke fuer den Besuch. Das ist nur einer meiner turbulenten jobs (hab noch 3 andere). Ab und zu ist das Drama lustig nur nicht wenn alles auf einmal geschieht.

Flora Pang said...

Doggies...they are like real babies, except they don't talk...that's the only difference...that's how intimate we are to doggies...

Dino said...

FP - yes they are like our children so are the cats. And they do communicate just not the way we do.

jin said...

Just zoooooooming by.....
hope you had a semi-relaxing weekend!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Any more pictures of the pups?

Dino said...

PK there are more in old posts and I'll be sure to take some for you. Grumpy and I want to go to the beach either today or tomorrow and I'll be sure to take some there.