Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Freak


I love Karma and no matter how often I doubt it I always comes through for me - making me a believer. Today was a pretty mellow day. I didn't get out of bed until almost 11. Then did some cleaning and read some more in my book while watching TV. It was great no homework and I didn't have to be anywhere. I called up to Busch to be sure I am truly not on the schedule for tomorrow and to find someone that could help me get 4 more discount tickets. I am meeting one of my coworkers tomorrow before she goes into work tomorrow morning at Busch to get the. After that I got a call from one of the au pairs wanting to meet me to talk - I am hoping it won’t be another situation where I have to find a new family/au pair but I'll find out tomorrow. At least I will be right down the road from her at Busch and don't have to go out of my way.


I got to work and was working my usual section and my first table was a total freak. This was some Latin dude that at first I thought was a friend of the owner but he turned out to be a stray. He was totally wired and soooo talkative. He ordered a Tortellini soup and Cheese Tortellini and had a couple of beers. The owner started to get really bothered by the guys need to talk to himself and everyone around and told me to get him out of there. The dude even wanted to pay the bill for a table next to him. After he got his bill we still didn't leave. He asked if he could buy half a box of equal?!?!?!?! Anyhow after quite some time he finally did leave and the night moved on. He did leave me a decent tip but sorry no amount of money is going to make me want to put up with some strung out weirdo.

I got decent tables that all left me 20% or more percent so I was cool. My section was full when I saw the same dude walking in the door again?!?!?!?!?! This time the owner put him on the patio and the 2 waiters out there were arguing about who'd have to put up with him this time. He ate the same thing again???? This time however he was not as talkative to us as he brought a buddy.


Except for my last 3 tables I did really well. One of them had a gift certificate. I even pointed out to her when I gave her the credit card slip for what was left after the gift certificate that the bill was $63 and $13 where left. Well she left me $7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other table got 2 free desserts because their dinner took awhile as we where busy. This was over $10 worth of stuff but they only left me 15% of their bill (not on the desserts too). The other table left me 15% as well. But anyhow all in all I still did better than last night and it was good to know it was not my service but the people that earned me lousy tips. Dinner tonight was one of my favs. Spaghetti with Piccata sauce. One of my tables had ordered this drink called “mattress?” and I had never heard of it so when she told me how to make it, it sounded good enough to try. After leaving the restaurant I gave into one of my coworkers who had been asking me to hang out with her and one of the other girls for months and we went to a new bar up the road. There I ended up arguing with the bar owner about the fact that there is no such thing as a double bock that is a wheat beer. I am sorry there are dark wheat beers but a double bock is a totally different type of beer. I think if you own a bar and are going to sell beer in it you should know the basics about beer. Anyhow I better head to bed, Grumpy is off tomorrow and hopefully I get done with all my stuff (I have to interview a new family too) in time to maybe head back to the beach with the pups.


8 comments:

jin said...

Ohhhhhhhh!!!
Katy that looks SO GOOD!!!!
I'm soooo hungry right now, too!

I know you'll post a story after but I just had to comment on the yummy looking garlic bread & all the parmesian!!!!
:-P *drool*

Dino said...

I thought you'd like it :). Working on the post now.

jin said...

What a weirdo!!! I think I remember reading somewhere you can get stoned off of equal/aspartame products somehow. (I don't care to know how, exactly. Ew.)

You know how I feel about lousy tippers. But, glad that you had a better night tonight!

Good luck with a chance at the beach tomorrow!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Nutjobs are a hazard of the trade. I liked to be behind the scenes as a pearl-diver - I didn't have to put up with customers. Now I work with machines, even better.

Cherry! said...

No, he was getting the equal to cut the speed or coke or whatever it was he had so he could sell it. I know these things. Don't ask me how I know I just do!

Dino said...

Jin - no beach again but hey we got to go once right!

PK - pearl diver sounds interesting have you written about it on your blog?

Cherry - yeah that's what I figured too.

The Phosgene Kid said...

I washed so many dishes that when I went to enlist they couldn’t get any fingerprints. Met Mrs. Phos whilst pursuing that profession, so it wasn’t a total loss. Left the dishwashing machine and never looked back.

Dino said...

Phos I hate washing dishes but did my share in a Pub in Orlando. But I am pretty sure I still got my finger prints. I think there is a reason for everything and hey the dishwashing was worth it as you met Mrs. Phos through it.