Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Saturday, August 26, 2006

No early bird

My alarm went off at 3:15am this morning which is entirely too early. You ask why I had to get up that early - well remember the AP that worked outside the family and who I had to sent home. Well her flight was at 8am and her family thought it was too early for them to do it. Corporate felt that she may go underground and told me I needed to take her. On the drive up she was pretty quiet and obviously resenting the fact that she was being sent home. She kept arguing that it wasn't fair and the company sucked. She still didn't see that she was the one that got herself into this. I and her host family repeatedly told her she can not work outside her au pair duties and she ignored us. Well I don't make the rules but I try to follow them and no offense but I am not loosing my job for anyone. She was talking how her family supposedly was mad that she had to leave the program and I did not have the heart to tell her that it was them that tipped me off about the job thing. I figured there was no harm in her believing her family was behind her. I did feel sorry for her but then again she is an adult and we all have to live with the consequences of our actions.

The airport took a little while as her plane was over 2hs late which meant she'd miss her connection. However they were able to rebook her going through Washington and Chicago to Mexico City.

I got home at about 7 am still kind of wired. So I diddled around made breakfast read a bit and did some homework. I went ahead and switched my blog over to beta as well. I have to see if I like it better. I don't care for the fact that they now have an email listed in the toolbar I have to see if it is only shown because I logged in or if everyone can see it. So now I can feel the tiredness setting in so I think Cleo and I are going to take a nap. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

8 comments:

jin said...

Get up at 3.15? That really sucks! LOL...I wasn't even home by that time! Hope you got a nice nap! :-)

The Phosgene Kid said...

Your little charge is lucky I would have sent her ass to the on the end of my boot. Of course I was up at about the same time letting huskies out to investigate the backyard. Why don’t your clients just hire undocumented workers like everyone in Washington?

The Phosgene Kid said...

Missing word in previous post - …to the “airport". I guess the BETA doesn’t allow for editing comments after you discovered you totally screwed it up either.

Dino said...

Jin - I figured you would still have been up.

Phos shhhh this is an exchange program there are plenty of people that do the illegal thing - I prefer the legal way.

Cherry! said...

But what do they care if she's working illegally? What was actaully working as? Like waiting tables or something?

Dino said...

yeah she was working at a restaurant. And I told her repeaditly she can't work so when they called I sent her home. I sort of did it also to make an example out of her so now I wont have to deal with others doing it. I would have kept her here had she not refused to listen. Contract is a contract.

Cherry! said...

Yeah that's fair enough!!!

Dino said...

Cherry - i am not sure that she feels that way she was pissed but hey you make the bed you lie in it.