Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Friday, September 01, 2006

Ernesto

So this is whats going on right now Tropical Storm Ernesto. Trees are blowing sideways, the rain is so thick and combine with the wind looks like fog; no umbrella or raincoat will keep you dry and of course no power.
Well no power at the house anyway. I woke up this morning at 6 and saw that the power must have gone out and come back because my alarm clock was flashing. I reset it and tried to peak out the window but it was to dark. I could hear the wind and the rain and know it wasn't pretty. I turned on the news and about 10min later we saw a blue flash and the everything shut off. The transformer for our part of the neighbor hood had blown. Then a few minutes later the other ones in our neighbor hood blew too. I fell back asleep and woke at 8:30, called the office secretly hoping there was no power and I could stay home. But no we are on the Hospital grit so even after Isabel where there was no power in most places for 2 weeks (including my house - talk about cold showers, and no tv or computer!) the office had power after a couple of days. Ernesto is not even a hurrican so I am hoping we have power later on tonight, just not this afternoon so the restaurant would be closed and I could stay home. The puppies wouldn't even go outside this morning so I went with them (and got soaked) but even then did they not leave the porch. Can't blame them the back yard is turing into a lake and there is tree limbs and leaves everywhere. I will probable leave work early to be sure the pets are okay and no tree fell on the house. Depending on how long the power is out I may not get to go online for a few hours/days. I will try to take some shots of what it looks like later today.

2 comments:

jin said...

Just came by to see if you had the pics up from the tree. Hope you don't have it too crazy at work tonight (unfortunately, I do....2 hours of sleep if I'm lucky! UGH!)...

Dino said...

it was crazy at work as most people had no power. i didn't sleep much myself getting up early to wait for my friend with the chainsaw. have fun today.