Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Monday, June 05, 2006

Rest of the weekend

So it is Monday morning and I am at work. I just can't get motivated enough to actually work so I figured I update my blog and tell you about the rest of my weekend.

Well actually there is unfortunately nothing really to tell. Saturday morning I spend doing homework for my University of Phoenix class. My current teacher insists on having assignments turned in on Saturdays which really sucks because you do not have the weekend to work on the.
I went to work at the restaurant, got the same lousy section as the night before and ended up not making any money to speak of. It annoys the crab out of me (the section thing) but I guess I understand it to. My bosses son is waiting tables with us till July so he hooks him up (unfortunately his son is not the greatest waiter and my boss ends up having to help him) with the best section and the most tables. And to make matters worse one of the waitresses is dating my bosses best friend so she also gets great sections with lots of tables. I mean I made good money for what I had, I just did not get many tables (17 people - everyone else had 25 and more). The funny part is my boss loves me so that's kinda confusing. He seated me at 6:30ish the last time so when my last table got their check at about 7:45pm I told him what sidework I would do and if there was anything else he wanted me to do. He is like"you can't leave now" and my response was "R. You have not seated me in an hour and a half". R said "well get your tables cleaned and I seat you again (mind you 2 of my tables had been clean and set up for over an hour) So my response was "I have a party to go to so I do not want anymore tables, I am leaving". That was it, I did my cleaning and was out of there and at home before 9pm.

I called my friend whose b-day it was and told her we'd be over soon. I went home finished my homework and my friend called again. She said everyone had left to go to the club. I told her not to worry about us but to go on and go with them we'd see her tomorrow. (knowing grumpy in a club with a bunch of drunk and obnoxiously girls not a good idea.) Anyhow we decided to go and see X-man III. I have to say I was rather disappointed and Grumpy - an avid comic book reader- kept saying that is not how the book goes.

Sunday I had to work at a local Amusement Park - BUSCH GARDENS. I work in the merchandise department in Germany but tend to be loaned out throughout the park. I have worked there for 5 years and do it just for the benefits, right now just once a week. So I worked in my store for like 30min before I was sent to work in Games for a bit, after getting back to my store I was sent out to help a merchandise store in England putting away a big shipment. It did not take me long (matter of reorganizing the shelves and using common sense) and their supervisor could not believe how fast I finished and how much room they still have.
After taking my break I went back to my store and I guess the only interesting thing happened. I was talking to some guests when I glanced over to the door and saw 2 cast members with a guest that appeared to be crying standing there and using our phone to call security. I head between sobs something about lost and figured she lost her/a kid. This is nothing unusual and we know how to handle it and everyone is found and reunited with their party relatively fast. Well this girl (18) started to get hysterical and screamed at the two cast members and then at the guard. (BTW she had not the right clothes for a park - way to much bling bling) So as she gets louder I get more of the story. She lost her friends, well she did not lose them she got mad at them and walked out of where they were. The guard keeps trying to get her to describe her friends which she refuses while she keeps screaming at him (not to stereotype but she displayed behavior that I would call "hood" behavior) that he did not care and did not understand and she did not want to stand there she needs to be out looking for her friends instead of not doing anything. So after 30 min they all left the store and I look at my supervisor who told me she had a run in with her earlier. There she wanted to leave the park immediately and was asking how to get out. We decided she was high on crack or something and had lost a few too many brain cells due to that.
Incidentally not much later I had a real lost kid case. A 13 year old boy lost his uncle, he was calm, collected and gave me all the info including his uncles cell (which they had left in the car). I called security who went to look with him at the last place he saw his uncle. He was the complete opposite to the girl above.
That was pretty much the end of my shift and while walking out I ran into the guard that took the boy. I asked if they found his uncle and he replied no he took the boy to the Wild Moose Lodge where all our lost kiddies wait for their parents/party.

After getting home and soaking in the tub, Grumpy and I left to see the birthday girl. We hung out for a while and then left to go grab a quick bite at TGI Fridays ( I love their mudslides and their mash potatoes - which I eat with Jack Daniels sauce). After that I went home and crashed - well not until after I checked out my daily blog reading list.

So what did you do? I am sure it was more exciting than my weekend.

-

Damn blogger I lost more than half the post and had to redo it all. I think I forgot something because the earlier one was longer but I can't remember.

7 comments:

Michele said...

Blogger was acting up big time
this morning.I published a new
post and had to write the whole
thing again because it didn't
take.I'm scared of writing a
long post now.My weekend was
hot here in california.Tempts
reaching 120 and i'm to cheap
to turn on the air conditioner.

Dino said...

Michele - wow 120 and no AC did you live in your shower? At least california is dry heat right? Down here the humidity kills you.

jin said...

michele & katy: if you ever have that prob again with blogger losing your post...as long as you didn't close your web browser you CAN retrieve it!
1) Just keep clicking the BACK button in your browser until your text appears.
2) Highlight ALL text & save it in a DIFFERENT program like Word or Notepad. (Usually when Blogger won't post, you can't save it as a draft either.)
3) Try to put it up again later.
That's happened to me several times before! :-P
If you are working on a long post, I try to save every 3-4 paragraphs this way...just in case! ;-)

katy: Wow! Busy weekend! That sucks about the restaurant, too. Thanks for writing about everything it was really nice to read! :-)

Dino said...

Thanks for the tip Jin. I did the saving thing the second time around.

Funny, the weekend did not seem busy to me.

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Dino said...

thanks anonymous

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»