Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Cheap ass

Uh I hate these people. I just got home!!!!!! Once again I was stuck at the restaurant hours past closing and of course no tip to make up for it. I knew tonight was going to suck the second I saw the schedule last week. V. Our waiter that has been there forever and always is the last one out, and vacuums the place at the end of the night requested of yesterday and tonight. I knew when I saw who I was working with that they'd find a way to stick me with his section which translate into his sidework. So sure enough I got in and was told that's what I had. It was sooooo dead to make matters worse, I think I had 5 tables. So I figured maybe I get to at least leave early but no some of the owners acquaintances showed up. They stayed, ate and drank and were ass holes. The owner took me aside to be sure that I charge them which I did. Then they start arguing about who is paying. Now all they were talking about while there was how much money they had, and what they just bought and what they spend on "pimping their ride", and they argue over who is to pay their $70 something bill WTF. You wanna guess at what my tip was? NINE f** dollars. That is barely 10% and they where still there when I left at quarter to midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASSHOLES I told my boss next time he can serve them as I refuse to waste my time on them. If you can bragg about how you just spend 2k on a stereo for your car then you can leave a f*** tip for keeping someone there forever.

Sorry, * stepping of my soapbox now* have a nice night

6 comments:

jin said...

Oh, sorry katy, that sucks!

Don't worry about venting, that's what blogs are for!!!

:-)

Hope tomorrow is better for you!

Dreamlover said...

I'm sorry.

That sucks.

I actually left a waiter $0 last weekend though.

The service was bad, my food was cold, and I asked for a refill of water 4 times and never got it.
(And I was deliberately slurping nothing in the glass loud everytime he walked by).

I left a note on the receipt saying, "I am parched and will be spending the tip on getting a drink elsewhere"

is that bad?

Dino said...

Jin - thanks, but I believe in Karma so I am hoping their stereo will break soon :)

Dream - if you want to let a waiter know that their service was bad leave 3 pennies. That way they know you did not forget but you completly disliked their service. I am very picky with my tips. If I know they are busy and they try their best I give 20% but if I can tell you have plenty of time but do not do your job you will get 10% and if it is really bad then 3 pennies. However remember waiters have no influence on bad food (cold maybe depending on the restaurant) so you can't punish them if you do not like your food.

Unknown said...

That is the suck. I guess I have always been lucky and usually receive very good service, in return I have a lot of respect for the people who do that job.

Dino said...

Real - I always give good service even when I know there will probably not be a good tip. I actual have some people that followed me from the restaurant I worked at before to this one.

Michele said...

Why those cheap bastards!