Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Miss Manners

Man what a f*****g waste of a weekend. I made less money today than yesterday and most of my tables needed as serious lesson in table manners and how to behave in public. I had my usual section and had enough tables but they were even worst tippers than yesterday. One chick even stiffed me! Then there was this dude who literally shoveled the food into his mouth. It was disgusting. I mean he grabed the fork like its a shovel and didn't even use the spoon to roll up the linguine. It was so disgusting to see. I don't know more weekends like this ....

Anyway maybe if I get lucky Grumpy and I will make it to the beach tomorrow with the pups even if its just for a little bit. The poor guy has been working all day today and wont be home till 2am just to go back to the store at 6am.

Well got to finish homework and then get some sleep - oh I am off all next weekend!!!!!! One of the guys asked to switch with me so I am working Friday and am off Saturday. I have the AP meeting Sunday but that should be fun

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I lived with a room mate who ate like that. She was this gorgeous, statuesque Naomi Campbell lookalike, and every time we'd go out to eat, I just couldn't hide my embarrassment. She would hold her fork like you said, like a shovel (sort of like how a toddler would hold a utensil...), and just hold her plate/bowl up to her face, and just shoveled it in!

Meanwhile, I'm sitting across from her, beet red, watching everyone else watch her!
One of the first things I always notice whenever I start dating someone is their table manners. And boy, my hubby had those in Spades! (Lucky him! ;P)

Hope your tips start adding up soon. I used to hate getting stiffed. Especially when I KNEW that my service had been nothing short of stellar... Bummer!

Hope you get to go to the beach!

Dino said...

Jewels - OMG I so would have told her to either eat like a human or eat alone. I would have been sick watching that. My mom used to tell us if we wanted to eat like animals we'd eat out of bowls of the floor.

we made it to the beach!!!!!

jin said...

Ugh...D does not have excellent table manners at home...but when we go out he pays attention, so I guess I can live with it. (I'm so anal-retentive about my own table manners! lol) Altho it's nothing like what you & jewels described! OMG! :-O

YUCK! :-P

Dino said...

Jin - mhh maybe he should take lessons from Brioche

AngelConradie said...

i do hope your day at the beach made up for your grotty weekend...

Dino said...

Angel - it sure did