Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Friday, November 24, 2006

Locks of love donation

Its that time again. My hair was getting down to my waist again so I made an appointment with my friend to have it cut off.




We tied it into a ponytail and cut it. The ponytail is in a baggy waiting to go to Florida to the Locks of Love foundation were it will be turned into a wig for a child suffering from cancer. So I spend 2 hours getting my hair cut. My friend had lots of fun cutting and kept saying how much fun it was to play with it. She put some curls in it too but they didn't last long. So here it is what it looks like now.




Everyone at the restaurant liked it and said it looked cute. Grumpy wasn't thrilled at all. See I never tell anyone (and I mean noone) when I go and do this. So I was napping on the couch when he got home from work and when he wondered while I was tired I told him I had gotten up early to go to Glouchester. He asked why I had to go there to which I replied that is where my hairdresser is. He was like well sit up let me see it. I think he called it tolerable and asked why it is so short?

Anyhow what do you think of my new hair do? (keep in mind it grows out really fast, it will be back at my waist in 2 years)

9 comments:

jin said...

Katy, I think it looks REALLY GREAT!!!! :-D

Wow! What a difference! Grumpy probably just needs some time to get used to it. Guys don't adjust to those changes as fast as we do. lol. D was shocked when I came out of the bathroom with bangs, LOL!

Unknown said...

I like it! And for such a wonderful cause. I bet you feel 10 pounds lighter! Must feel a bit weird...

Oh, BTW: You've been tagged, come on over to my blog for a looksy!

Dino said...

jin - thank you, thank you. See Grumpy likes it longer than that. Between you and me the picture I took to her was longer too but she kept playing with it layering it more so it kept getting shorter.

Jewels - actually i dont feel the difference, except my back has been hurting since yesterday not sure if there is a relation. Glad you like it.
I will do the tag later since I just got an email about some new au pair drama.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Send me the hair, maybe I can glue it on top or something. To a bald guy like me there is no such thing as too much hair! It was a nice gesture on you part and you look great. Of course I have always had a thing for Teutonic women...

Dino said...

Phos - sorry those kids need the hair more than you. Besides bald can be sexy. As for being called teutonic I admit I had to look it up Grumpy didn't know what it meant either but after reading the Wikipidia explaintion he said to let you know he agrees I DO NOT!!!!!

Justmee said...

Oh I like the cut. Very nice!

My daughter wanted too do locks of love, but she was inches off, and she wanted it cut NOW. So we opted this time around not to do it. It was a shame.

Dino said...

Justmee- thanks, my hair grows very fast and it only takes 2 years to grow to my waste so its easily done

Joe said...

I love your new do, it looks wonderful! As if you needed another reason to feel good after donating that hair.

Dino said...

Bubs - thanks so much one can never have enough compliments