Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

So busy

OMG its been forever since my last post. These days I just can't seem to get my butt to sit down and type. So lets see whats been going on. Well sadly I lost another friend to cancer last week. This one to lung cancer - her funeral is tomorrow. That was the sad part of my week.

As for the weekend it was okay. Had to deal with a little AP drama but nothing unexpected. Friday I was at the restaurant till late but made a ton of cash so that was good. Saturday I left the restaurant in time to go by the German Restaurant where I used to work to visit. I had called to the if the cook was still there - the son now one of the owners answered and while the cook was gone he said to come on over. So I stopped by there had some Kartoffelkloesse, Spaetzle and gravy and also go my favorite soup which the cook had saved for me. Sunday after the AP stuff I finally got my computers back. Turns out my router was bad which was one of the problems. One of the guys that used to work with me at the German place came over to set everything up so I could function again. He took my other laptop with him to see if there is anything he can do to save it as my two older ones will not last forever and their operating systems are over the hill (ME and 2000). Monday I spend in my PJ's goofing off oh what fun. Yesterday it was back in the office and then work last night.

I found out today that I am going to Boston for a meeting next week so that should be interesting. The hotel looks comfy. Well its off to do AP stuff. I will try to take some puppy pics later.

10 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

mmmmmm, Spaetzle!!!

jin said...

Awww...sorry about your friend.

But glad you got such a nice Monday relaxing!

AngelConradie said...

the food sounds delish- and i'm glad you had monday to goof off. i'm so sorry about your friends, dino.

Dino said...

Phos - yeah I love them. I need to go post my Kaesespaetzle recipe over at blogger world cooking.

Jin - thanks it happened a week to the day that we buried my other friend so it was a bit rough

Angel - oh it was. thanks

AngelConradie said...

hey dino- i tagged yoooouuuu!!!

Library Mama said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your other friend, Katy. You've had a rough month.

Glad to hear you had a chance for some down time in the middle of all your busy-ness.

Mmmm! German food! My favourite when I lived there was Jaegerschnitzle. (Not sure I spelled that correctly; it's been a long time.)

The Phosgene Kid said...

Bring back some Boston Cream Pie!!

Dino said...

Angel - okay I'll try to get to it.

LM - yep you spelled it correctly its easy to make just get veal cutlets (beat them for tenderness) bread them then fry them. The sauce is made from beef gravy with mushrooms and a little heavy cream.

Phos - I'll try what is it?

jin said...

Boston Cream Pie isn't even a pie at all! How about that?!

It's layers of yellow sponge cake filled with custard & frosted with a thick chocolate glaze.

Not my type of thing but I have customers that go crazy for it.

Dino said...

Jin - thanks for clearing that up but it doesn't sound like something I'd eat.