Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Houston

Sorry I have no pictures to show for my Houston trip - or interesting stories. I got to the hotel on Friday - I love the St. Regis Hotels they are like the old fashion luxury hotels not like the new ones that cut corners. When the driver dropped me off I was greeted at the door walked to the reception. After checking in they asked all my preferences and even looked up my member number for me. Then they walked me to the elevator. My room was gorgeous - big bed, desk, couch, coffee table, big bathroom with nice big tub ... The view sucked but thats not the hotels fault Houston is just not the best view city. They had the old fashion turn down service at night with mints on the pillow, music and all.

Dinner Friday night was boring all there was to eat for me was a sweet potato risotto (which was good) and caprese salad. The meeting was not as gross as anticipated the drug sounds like it will be great so I am a little excited - I'd be more excited if it wasn't for the fact that we will have to collect stool samples.

Since the meeting was on May 5 they had a cinco de mayo party planned for us. I did capture my sub investigator as she was trying out for the salsa lessons.

I do think there would have been more people trying to dance had the guy been cuter - I mean I am just saying. The food wasn't much to write home about - well not for me since I am no big fan of Tex-mex (I like Spanish but not Mexican weird ha?) They did have a Tequila tasting that was fun - Don Juan. Now I still prefer my Tequila in OJ and Grenadine and Vodka will still by my fav but it was fun to try the different ones.

Right now I am waiting for my flight.

I think part of the reason that I wasn't all that excited about the meeting was me being bummed for being out of town for our anniversary. Grumpy gave me my present prior to leaving. Isn't it preeeeetttyyyyyy. I am a bad wife I didn't get him anything - well I ordered the sweet box from Jin. Anyhow the plan for today is getting back around 3pm go check on my friend AJ and then have dinner with Grumpy.

2 comments:

jin said...

Awww...pretty necklace!

"I'd be more excited if it wasn't for the fact that we will have to collect stool samples."

Um...k...well, as long as you don't have to actually *take* them from the patient yourself... heehee...hahaha...
um...ok...that was a bad joke, yeah?!

Dino said...

Jin - while we don't have to "be there" they have to bring them to us in a container and then we have to fill them in the lab containers - just the idea grosses me out