Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Saturday, October 06, 2007

I know its pathetic ...

(written 10/4/07 2:55pm) ... but I just can't help it. I am so sad and homesick right now I was actually crying. I turned 30 today (and yes that is sad too but not the point of this post) and Grumpy and I were to go for dinner with some friends of mine and just celebrate. Well one by one people canceled and even Grumpy had to because he was working late. It was down to just 3 my Scottish friend, Ms. D. and myself. Then I call my friend to find out about the logistics and I can tell that she wasn't into the idea of going. So I told her to call me later which she did to let me know that she was canceling too...


---------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't finish this post - its now the 6th and I will try to do so now. Yes I ended up spending my birthday at home alone. I started feeling a little better after I got home. One of my friends from Germany was online and we chatted and slowly I calmed down. I was still really upset and part of that came from the way we celebrate birthdays in Germany. There you have a celebration/party with your friends and family and everyone comes and or calls. They all did call and email even people I hadn't spoken to in a year. Hell even my sister in the first time of gee I think 10 years said happy birthday. Grumpy ended up feeling miserable too because he had said the week before it would be hard to take off so we agreed we'd go out the night before (which we did) and he'd hook up with us after we get back from dinner. Well with me not going for dinner and being so upset he felt bad for being stuck at work till after 10pm. I told him its okay and it wasn't his fault but it was still hard on him too.

I can honestly say this was the worst birthday as far as my local "real" world but there were lots of warm cyber wishes and even gifts. I loved the dinner and movie date Grumpy and I had the night before too.

All in all I felt like Carrie from Sex in the city in the episode where they were to celebrate her birthday at this restaurant and everyone was late. Carrie sat their and no one showed - that was me and I will not do this again. I much rather work or go out of town like we did last year.

Now its back to homework while I am snacking on my sweet box from Ms. Jin.

8 comments:

jin said...

Awww crap and I forgot to leave you a comment on that day. :-(

I'm sooo sorry!
I hope the cookies/muffins/scones/biscotti made up for it?!!?

You KNOW if I lived closer I'd have gone out with you for sure!!!

Hope you have a nice relaxing Sunday. :-)

Dino said...

Jin - no worries I know you didn't forget. Yes every thing I had so far is yummy (scones, biscotti) its funny no 10 minutes after I posted one of the girls that could not make it called saying her and the other one want to take me out next Friday - wonder if they read this

Sunday will be busy homework and au pair meeting - b-day party yumm can't wait to eat that cake - wonder if they notice if I eat it all and by a sheet cake from the store???????

Unknown said...

This was strangely reminiscent of my 21st birthday. Except I didn't have one single phone call. Not a one. Not even my parents! Everyone told me that they had thought I'd made plans with other people. Not a single person called. Not even a frigging card, not even a present. That was the last time I put any effort in trying to celebrate my birthday in any way.
I just go with the flow now, and if nobody calls, well, nobody calls...
This year was a sort of milestone for me too, turning 35, and my dad decided that we would celebrate it, which was very nice. I can't remember the last time someone went out of their way to make sure I had a cake on my Bday. I think I was 8... LOL!

Dino said...

Jewels - oh wow I can't imagine how that must have felt. Makes me feel kind of silly for being so upset

AngelConradie said...

oh my god katy katy katy!!! i missed it!!!
i'm so sorry your day wasn't a nice one my darling dino...
i can empathise though, my 30th was on a month end sunday at my old job and i worked from 6am to 9pm! i didn't celebrate at all! very happily belated birfdaze from me!!!

Dino said...

Angel - no problem I know you were busy. See I wouldn't have had a problem with working but I had taken it off to go out and that made it bad for me

Joe said...

Happy belated birthday Katy! Sorry I missed it, and sorry your day went south on you. It's lousy when life and work interferes so that people who love you can't even celebrate with you. For what it's worth, I can't even remember my 30th birthday now, so at least you have forgetfulness and the passing of time to ease the memory of your unhappy 30th.

it's a good thing there are people like Jin around to deliver the goods, huh?

Dino said...

Bubs - thanks I will try and work on forgetting it :0)