Click here for a Westgate Resorts Vacation

Google

 

Thursday, May 25, 2006

You are kidding right?!?!?!?

So having 4 jobs has its advantages, for one I meet tons of nutty people that I can write on here about.


So I was at my day job (I work for a doctor doing clinical research) today when our receptionist called overhead saying she has a letter for me. This is not unusually as I get a lot of stuff all day long so I just ignored her and went on with what I was doing.
Not to much later she came to my desk with the letter. I did not recognize where it was from but the last name was the same as that of one of my former study patients. It was addressed to me but my first and last name was hopelessly misspelled. So I open it up and find a Money order made out to me (misspelled of course) / clinical research and a note to please use it towards any outstanding bills for the above mentioned patient.
Now I am totally confused. I never deal with money, one perks of being on a study is your treatment is free. So I hand it to our receptionist and tell her just to give it to the office manager as she handles the billing.

A little later I call the patient in question and tell him about the letter. He goes like "Oh yeah I meant to talk to you about that." I remind him that I do not handle money. He says "no its not for that. I owe money on a credit card bill and my parents would not give me the money so I had them made it out to you. I need you to cash it and keep whatever and give the rest to me." I was like WHAT????? Then the phone was cut off.

I am like WTF. I go and tell the office manager and she says to check with the Doc. He says lets just send the letter back to the guys parents in PA. Which I did with a nice note stating there where no outstanding bill that the money could be used for.

I still can't get over the fact this guy wanted me to help him to commit fraud!!!!! Dude next time make sure the person is willing to help you and spell the name right, I mean I could not have cashed the thing had I wanted too with the way it was misspelled.


So my question to you is what would you have done?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think what you did was the right thing. In order to not have that happen again. He would have continued to do that if you had done it once. I know "I" am not going to jail for "anybody"!

Anonymous said...

Love you Girl....

Danielle

jin said...

Yeah, I think you did right too.

Just had to come over & check out your blog!!! YAY!!! Am so glad you are here now!

Sorry, but I can't help with the problem in your first post either. If I can think of someone who can I'll let you know!

:-)

Dino said...

anonymous (Danielle) I refuse to go jail for someone I do not really know. PS luv u too. C ya tomorrow

jin: thanks for coming over. I'll have to keep both up for awhile since I have some myspace buddies to look out for but thats where cut and paste comes in handy.

Cherry! said...

I def would not have been having anything to do with that!! What a freak!

Yay! You're finally here! And re the first post, no idea what you're talking about! SOrry!

Dino said...

cherry! - freak is the right term and we have plenty of them in the practice.

Green Eyes said...

I would have sent it back, too, but only after I told the guy what an ass he was! People are amazing.

Thanks for your comment.

Dino said...

GE: I haven't talked to him again but I am sure he will not be happy to find out we sent the money back and with that his scam would be discovered.

jin said...

Just coming by to say, "HI!"
lol
Yay! My busy weekend is over & I can catch up on some blogging! I'm closed until Tues. afternoon!!! YIPPEE!!!

Dino said...

Jin - glad you are getting some rest. I am off monday and looking forward to it.